With many, many virtual professional development opportunities available, Morgan County Schools wants you to take advantage of every opportunity you can!
We are offering a different Professional Development "plan" this summer - If you find a great webinar and would like to participate, contact Kandy Pentoney for pre-approval, register for the webinar, and submit the Professional Leave Form & Certificate of Attendance as verification for payment.
3 hours of Virtual PD = $75
6 hours of Virtual PD = $150
Summer Professional Development Clarification:
* Pre-approval through Kandy Pentoney is required.
* Evidence of participation is required
* Participant is responsible for obtaining a certification or other verification of participation – from the presenter/sponsor.
* If you are viewing an archived version of a pre-approved opportunity OR certificate not awarded by presenter (with pre-approval from KP), participant will write a 2-4 paragraph summary of the topic/contents and 1 paragraph about how you will apply the PD to your current job.
* Graduate coursework for certification or re-certification is not approved for payment. (Staff Development Handbook)
* Any registration cost is the responsibility of the participant.
* Total amount of summer PD allowed for payment is 30 hours. This includes sessions offered during the week of Aug 3-7
* Special Education Aides may be eligible. Contact Nicole Hiles.
* You do NOT need to accumulate all 3/6 hours in one sitting/one day/one week. This can be a cumulative total # of hours for the summer.
* Payment will only be issued for increments of 3.0 & 6.0 hours. No pro-rating hours.